Link Research Tools has carved a niche as an exceptional solution combining a unique set of backlink analysis data. Widely considered a go-to tool by affiliate marketers, LRT is known for its ability to facilitate disavows and examine the toxicity of your backlink profile.
Recover, Protect, Learn and Grow your SEO with LRT
An Introduction to Link Research Tools (LRT)
Nevertheless, it’s worth examining if the true potential of LRT remains untapped. Are businesses missing out on LRT’s proactive capabilities that could save money by identifying and preventing high-risk and low-quality link purchases? This review aims to explore the full suite of tools LRT offers and determine its value as a key asset to your company.
Choosing the Right Metrics for Link Building
Domain-based metrics like Ahrefs DR and Moz DA are widely followed––but are they the best link-building metrics? Do these metrics have limitations? What could be a better way to assess backlinks?
Domain-based metrics evaluate a domain’s SEO value based on a compilation of attributes across its sub-pages. The problem is that a backlink does not involve domain-to-domain or folder-to-folder connections:
A backlink is a source page URL linking to a target page URL
Thus, when evaluating backlinks, it’s essential to focus on page-level metrics rather than domain-level metrics. A high Domain Rank (DR) can be easily manipulated and shouldn’t be the main criterion while evaluating backlinks. Instead, adopt a more comprehensive approach and apply the following secret signals to assess backlinks:
- Link Relevance – Is the site generally relevant, or does it have relevant categories? What about page-level relevancy?
- Link Location – According to the reasonable surfer patent, is the backlink contextually placed in the main body of the page, preferably higher up?
- Quality of Source Page Content – Is the site professional? Does it produce well-written content or host a guest post spam?
- Domain Trust – Does the site appear trustworthy and have the potential to drive relevant referral traffic?
- High LRT Trust – Is the backlink originating from a dependable source?
- Low LRT Risk – Does the backlink carry low risk?
- Natural Anchor Text – Does the website’s posts avoid bad anchors (like Viagra, casino, etc.) or content containing malicious elements?
- No Spam – Does the domain have a diverse, legitimate link profile free from low-quality links and spam?
- Nofollow Links – Does the domain have a healthy mix of various link types?
- Domain Rankings / Traffic – Is the site experiencing consistent organic traffic?
- Perform niche edits by reaching out to already ranking pages and requesting link inserts.
- Create high-quality guest posts that stand a greater chance of ranking high in the SERPs, and then build authority with tier two backlinks to strengthen the source page URL.
- Awesome Superstars: These are the perfect links, with high Link Trust and high Link Power. If you can get one of these, go for it!
- High Potentials: Although these backlinks offer high link trust with low link power, they’re still worth their weight in gold. Don’t hesitate to secure these valuable links.
- Nitro: These backlinks come from untrusted sites but still deliver a strong punch. Be cautious, as this could result from low-quality or automated link building.
- Weak Links: Lacking power and trust, these links may not be worth much and could require significant effort to improve.
- Examine the anchor text profile of the expired domain
- Consider the quantity of referring domains pointing to the expired domain
- Review the LRT trust score and risk score of the expired domain
- Use Archive.org to ensure the domain wasn’t previously used as a PBN
- Selling undisclosed, high-risk PBN links
- Faking outreach websites as legitimate
- Measuring links by domain metrics instead of page value
- Inserting links into hacked sites
- Placing links on penalized websites without checking for penalties
- Removing links after the contract ends but selling them as permanent
- Selling backlinks from a shared database instead of actual outreach
- Analyze the LRT trust and risk metrics of the aged domain
- Examine the anchor text usage of the aged domain
- Consider the number of referring domains pointing to the aged domain
- Use Archive.org to ensure the domain wasn’t previously used as a PBN
- Review the link velocity of the aged domain
- Emphasize link relevance at various levels
- Place links in contextual main body text
- Ensure links are from trusted sites
- Use natural and diverse anchor text
- Include NoFollow links in your link profile
- Acquire traffic-generating links
- Use low-risk links
- Avoid evaluating links based on domain-level metrics like Ahrefs DR or Moz DA
Unlock the Potential of LinkResearchTools for Link Buyers
As a link buyer, you should utilize LinkResearchTools (LRT) to ensure that you get high-quality website backlinks. Link-building companies often rely on domain-based scores like Domain Rank (DR), but these metrics alone are not enough to determine the quality of a link.
While most link sellers are not out to scam their customers, they need to know what makes a good link and which ones to avoid. Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for link buyers to spend a considerable amount of money on poor-quality backlinks from high-DR sites. To prevent this from happening, link buyers should demand the use of LRT metrics.
Benefits of Traffic Links
Obtaining backlinks from high-ranking pages on Google is crucial to improving your target page’s rank. As Christoph C. Cemper explains, “The best quality backlink is from a source page URL that ranks for your search terms your target page URL wants to rank for… Period.”
To benefit from traffic links, link-building companies should:
The Power of LRT Power
Beyond the typical one-dimensional metrics like PR, DR, DA, and PA, LRT Power is an essential factor to consider. It helps you quickly determine the strongest page on a domain, using a similar approach to what Google PageRank did until 2013. LRT Power is available for both domain and page-level analysis.
Establish Trust with LRT Trust
LRT Trust is another vital metric that evaluates the quality of a link based on the inheritance of trust from trustworthy sites. Comparable to the TrustRank patent, LRT Trust indicates the implied confidence of a page in Google’s eyes. This metric is applied to the domain or page level as well.
Good Co-Citations: Build Trust the Right Way
Trustworthy co-citations are crucial for link-building success but are often overlooked. The term “bad neighbourhood” refers to the occurrence of co-citation with spammy or toxic websites. This negative association can happen when purchasing links from paid networks, PBNs, or engaging in other artificial link patterns.
Implementing basic co-citation and network rules can help you avoid toxic links causing penalties. Use LinkResearchTools as a link buyer and demand LRT metrics to ensure you get the best value from your backlink investments.
LRT Power x Trust: A Valuable Metric for Link Quality
Understanding the true quality of a backlink is a crucial aspect of SEO. LRT Power*Trust is a remarkable metric that considers both LRT Power and LRT Trust, providing you with a 2-dimensional measurement for evaluating the effectiveness of your links.
LRT Power*Trust helps you accurately assess the overall impact of your backlinks. It does so by analyzing real-time data from over 25 trusted sources, including Ahrefs, Majestic, Semrush, Moz, Search Metrics, Sistrix, and many more. Track LRT Power*Trust with the free Google Chrome extension to monitor and optimize this metric.
Link Detox Risk: Identifying and Avoiding Toxic Links
Link Detox Risk calculates the potential risk a link poses to your backlink profile. It’s essential to identify toxic links in order to protect your domain’s performance and reputation.
DTOXRISK, short for Link Detox Risk, analyzes a link’s source and target pages to determine its toxicity level. High DTOXRISK scores warrant disavowing the link as soon as possible. As part of your backlink audit, pay close attention to links with high DTOXRISK scores.
When the Link Detox Risk value exceeds 1000, it will likely cause a link penalty. Using the Link Detox Genesis algorithm, you can spot unnatural links that may trigger a Google filter or Manual Action Penalty.
Link Redirect Trace: Auditing Your Redirects for Optimal SEO
Do your redirects pass link juice? Redirects are often overlooked but are a crucial aspect of your backlinks, guiding visitors from one URL to another.
LRT has developed an all-in-one browser extension to help you easily navigate redirects. With the Link Redirect Trace Browser Extension, you can review the SEO-friendly nature of your redirects and ensure they’re inheriting link juice as intended.
Anchor Text: Optimizing for Relevance
Backlink anchor text plays a significant role in your SEO strategy as it passes relevance from the source page and surrounding content.
An essential aspect of a robust backlink profile is anchor text diversity. Learn how to optimize your anchor text with LRT to improve your site’s performance and relevance.
1. How to Proactively Check Expired Domains to Buy for 301s?
Take advantage of these top methods to proactively evaluate expired domains for 301 redirects:
2. Ahrefs Vs Majestic Vs LinkResearchTools?
When comparing Ahrefs, Majestic, and LinkResearchTools, each tool offers unique metrics to help users analyze link quality. Each tool brings value to monitoring the link-building industry, and we recommend using all three within your company.
3. How Can Your Link Building Agency Scam You?
Beware of these potential scams that a dishonest link-building agency could employ:
4. How to Analyze Your Existing Backlink Profile? Should I Disavow?
Use Link Detox Risk to analyze your backlink profile, and consider hiring a disavow expert, such as Rick Lomas, to assist you in the process.
5. Why Does Rick Lomas Use LinkResearchTools?
Rick Lomas, a go-to link auditing and disavow expert, trust LinkResearchTools for its effective and reliable results, LRT Rules, and the powerful metrics it offers for analyzing link quality and Domain DTOXRISK.
6. How to Proactively Analyze Aged Domains to Buy for Money Sites?
Utilize these essential methods to evaluate an aged domain for money site buildouts:
7. Golden Rules of Link Building
Adhere to LRT’s Golden Rules of Link Building for May 2023:
LinkResearchTools is a must-have SEO tool for marketers aiming for a safe and effective link-building strategy. The platform offers a wealth of data points and interpretations based on nearly two decades of experience, helping companies build a safe and successful backlink strategy for their money sites. We highly recommend LinkResearchTools for all your link-building needs.